Youth Poetry Anthology
Imagine a world where young people speak for themselves with passion and authority. A world where they tell their own stories. This anthology is just that. Be a part of the project.
- Sep - Nov 15: Submit to be a part of the anthology editing committee.
- Dec - Feb: Submission & revision / editing process with lead teaching artist & student editing committee
- April: Book release and student performance event (national poetry month)
Submit to the 2022 Anthology
To qualify, you must be:
- An active student in grades 7-12 in the state of Arizona.
- Submissions must be sent to and received by our editors by Feb 28, 2022.
- Entries must provide a full name, email address, the school they attend, and a poem not to exceed 1000 words.
- All poetry submitted cannot be previously published. We consider a work previously published if it has appeared on a public blog or website, or in a high-school or college anthology, or in the published results of a writing contest, etc.
- Poetry may be of any form or style.
- Work will be chosen by a group of peer editors that participate in Project Lit.
- Work will be chosen based on the quality of content, consistency of voice and style and mastery of language.
- There is no submission fee to enter.
2020 Anthology: Sunset Uncensored