Full Calendar Broadway Classical Concerts Dance Jazz
National Geographic Speakers Theater/Comedy Summer Series Performing Live Resident Companies
Get to know and understand all the details of the Arts in Service class programs by utilizing the information on this page. If you have any questions, please contact our Box Office at (480) 644-6500 or email ArtStudioClass@mesaartscenter.com.
Never miss another event or class registration again!
HOW TO REGISTER | Arts in Service Classes
Arts in Service is a grant funded program which provides studio art classes for service-members and veterans. Arts in Service runs throughout the year from January - December in three semesters a year: Winter/Spring, Summer, and Fall. Registration occurs 6-8 weeks prior to the start of the semester, and will be announced online in the weeks prior.
There are three ways to register: online, over the phone, or in person at the Mesa Arts Center Box Office:
Registration for all classes is accepted on first-come, first-serve basis. Please refer to the Arts in Service policies and familiarize yourself before registering.
Box Office Hours: Tues - Saturday: 12-5pm
Box Office Phone: 480-644-6500
OVER THE PHONE:
OVER THE PHONE:
Utilize the maps below to find your class and find a parking space! The first week of class all students will be given a parking permit to keep in their car when they visit Mesa Arts Center. This allows students to access the Mesa Arts Center Parking Lot on the northeast corner of 1st Avenue and Center Street, even if there is a performance in the theaters!
Tickets are not issued the first week of class, but may be issued to cars in the lot that do not have the parking permit. Additional free parking is available on Center Street, Main Street, Sirrine, and 1st Avenue.
The Mesa Art Center is committed to providing universal access to all of our events and classes. Please contact the Studios Manager at Artstudioclass@mesaartscenter.com or call (480) 644-6621 to request a disability accommodation. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.
The following classes have requirements of all participants:
- Students must have the ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Eyesight capable on a felt-pen-sized area for prolonged periods.
- Ability to stand for welding, hammering, and using a plasma cutter safely.
Please note: the welding and metal shop can trigger photosensitivity and auditory sensitivity. Additionally, the space is compact and participants must be able to step over or navigate over thick and multiple cords.
- Fine motor skills are used consistently in this class, including using pliers and hammers. Many jewelry components can be small, so students are encouraged to bring magnifying loupes, glasses, or use the magnifying optic accessories available in the studio.
- Mesa Arts Center studios are now using Enchroma Color Blind glasses and have set available for class use for adults, teens, and youth! Contact us to learn how to utilize these while in our studios!